The small print
As a partner publisher, Summertime charge for our services. In exchange, our authors receive an exceptional royalty of up to 60% and generous discounts of up to 50% on book purchases for personal sale. Our publishing fees are transparent and we always make it clear when costs change.
Our Charging Policy
Our charging process begins with a provisional publication quote based on a realistic estimate of a book in terms of the number of words, the number of pages and likely complexity of design. Our provisional quote will state clearly what is and what is not included. Some fees (for editing, proofreading and design, for example) are variable and so the final bill may be more or less depending on the final size of a book and its design.
- Before we start work we will issue an invoice for 50% of our provisional quote.
- Before design stage we will issue a second invoice for a further 25% of our fees.
- Before publication we will issue a final invoice for the balance of our fees.
- All fees must be paid in full before publication.
Our Payment Terms and Conditions
- Our invoices are due on receipt.
- Our provisional quote is valid for one year.
- We reserve the right to alter our fees as a book evolves.
- If, through no fault of Summertime Publishing, a book is not published within two years of our first invoice, any fees paid will be forfeit to cover cancellation charges and work completed by us and/or commissioned on the author's behalf.
- If an author withdraws from their publishing agreement with us prior to the publication of their book, we reserve the right to retain all fees paid to cover cancellation charges and work completed by us and/or commissioned on the author's behalf.
- If, through no fault of Summertime Publishing, the book is not ready for sale by the agreed date, our full publishing fees remain payable.