If you’re planning to stay in Catalonia and want the most authentic experience you can get then it pays to be prepared. Much more than a tourist guide, listing the usual attractions for the casual tourist, Going Native in Catalonia digs deep beneath this nation’s psyche to give you a warts-and-all induction into the Catalan way of life.
Inside you will discover:
- why Catalonia is not just another part of Spain
- the quirks of the Catalan people and language
- a brief history of Catalonia and its politics
- intimate guided tours of key towns and cities
- advice for short, long and medium term stays
- personal photographs from the author’s travels
- Catalan culture, art, style and partying
- witty anecdotes and interesting facts to share
- the inside scoop on Catalonia’s culinary delights
- tips on ‘going native’ yourself and living there
- much, much more…
‘Going Native’ guides are written with a rare type of traveller in mind… longer term visitors who want to become a true part of their new home. So, whether your stay is a month or a lifetime this guide will give you everything the tourist travel guides won’t.